All That Jazz Katrina fundraiser blocks
<<< . . . >>>
We travelled in the USA shortly after Katrina had caused such extensive devastation to peoples lives their homes and ways of life. Although we did not travel further south than Kentucky we were exposed to images through the media which were heartbreaking. I feel privileged to have been invited to submit a block to this worthy cause and I would like to extend my thanks and appreciaton to the organizers,
For my block I chose
- musical instrument prints for the 'jazz,
- a bouquet of red roses for the performers
- a mask for the "theatre of life'
- a fan for the French influence
- a magnolia flower......,the floral emblem for Louisiana
- the Eastern Brown Pelican ....,Louisiana's state bird
- a spider and web for 'good luck' and to symbolize the rebuilding
- a butterfly for freedom
- the stars and sun to reflect the daily routines which one hopes will return for those coming back
- the heart and kangaroo bring good wishes from Australia.
© Wendy Saclier